The research and development activities of the Institute of Aerospace Engineering have encompassed a lot of projects realized for our own needs as well as for industrial needs. These projects focused on basic, applied and experimental research, supported from national, European or private sources.
The main idea of most projects in which the Institute of Aerospace Engineering was the project owner or project partner was to expand the aviation industry products and its know-how to make it successful on international markets.
Out of all the many projects, we present only those which we consider really significant for the national industry:
- The development of the L410NG airplane as part of the MOSTA project – Modernization of a small transport aircraft to increase its operation effectivity and make it more economical (supported by the Ministry of Industry and Trade of the Czech Republic, programme TIP, no. FI-TI2/557)
- The development of the EV-55 Outback as part of the “Development of a small utility aircraft EV-55 D-Smart“ and “ The development completion of a small utility aircraft EV – 55 Outback“ projects (supported by the Ministry of Industry and Trade of the Czech Republic, programme IMPULS, no. FI-IM4/041 and TIP)
- The development of a high-performance glider G304 MS for the HPH Kutná Hora company (supported by the Ministry of Industry and Trade of the Czech Republic, TIP programme)
- The G304 TS new generation, two seat glider with a whole composite body – project partner for the HPH Kutná Hora company (supported by the Ministry of Industry and Trade of the Czech Republic, TIP programme)
- Engine conversion of the C172F aircraft replaced by the TP100 engine for the PBS Velká Bíteš company.
- The development of the VUT 061 Turbo airplane for the PBS Velká Bíteš company, as a flying laboratory for the TP100 engine tests.
- The TL-4000 airplane project “The four-seat, whole composite body aircraft kit” with the TL-ultralight company (supported by the Ministry of Industry and Trade of the Czech Republic, TIP programme, no. FI-TI4/513).
- The JA 200 Rapid aircraft projects (previous sign KP-2U Sova), manufactured by the Jihlavan Airplanes company.
- Ballistic recovery system GALAXY designed for UAVs.
Other significant projects providing know-how to the Czech aviation community were the following:
- „Advanced aerostructures research centre“ project, uniting significant manufacturers in the Czech Republic so as to create unified design procedures for composite structures and „Damage Tolerance“ structures (supported by TAČR in the Competence Centres programme – TE02000032)
- CEDESA project – „Centre of Excellence for the Design of Efficient and Safe Aircraft“(supported by 7RP EU no: CSA-SA-FP7-REGPOT-2010-1-264084)
- The aerospace development centre, MŠMT project, 2000-2011
Considerable part of the IAE activities includes our own projects:
- VUT 100 airplane (single-engine four-seat airplane) handed over to the Evektor company,
- VUT 001 Marabu airplane (piston engine airplane with a pusher propeller for the TJ100 jet engine tests),
- VUT 051 Ray airplane (electrically powered airplane, 50kW),
- VUT 081 Kondor airplane (airplane with a monitoring system of the RAMET a.s. company).